I keep stitching samples in a large folder which had a company logo on the spine and front cover, and almost as soon as I began using it I promised myself that I’d give it a different cover. This week I finally made one from some heavy duty linen-type fabric. The letters on the spine are felt cut-outs hand embroidered onto cotton and topped with a layer of nylon organza (to prevent wear and tear on the felt) then outlined with free motion machine stitching. Early last year I drew the floral piece and then discarded it but after making the folder cover I might add it to the front. I used oil crayons for the drawing and then very roughly machine embroidered the flowers.