Nasturtium

One wired leaf and three wired petals in this one. The single stranded buttonhole stitch around the outside edge of each was time-consuming but worth the effort. For all that I’ve been dabbling in embroidery for more years than I care to remember, this is the first time I’ve ever done colour shading to this extent and I did a practice petal first of all. I think perhaps the petals should be flat rather than bent but that’s easily rectified.

DSCF3017

Viola will be next, and then Flax, with more colour shading in each and when I checked my stash against the colours listed, I was yet again short of quite a few. I spent a couple of hours looking online for DMC equivalents in Anchor but that then involved searching through my embroidery floss boxes and checking lots of labels. My collection is sorted by colour, not brand or number and it was proving to be a difficult task so I gave up and went to my local sewing crafts shop to buy the nine shades I didn’t have – along with several others. Well, I mean, the shop has every colour of DMC and of Anchor threads and lots of them are just soooooo yummy and totally irresistable and I wanted them all but I took a deep breath, stepped back and settled for just the twenty I had in my hand. This time.

2 Responses to “Nasturtium”

  1. Allison Says:

    This looks really good, raised petals turned out well.


I like it when people write to me

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


»