This pot was made as a Christmas gift a few weeks ago but as I’ve made more pots since then and my technique has improved (I think!), when I was about to wrap this one I decided that the lid didn’t quite fit well enough to give as a gift so I’m keeping this one for myself, and the original intended recipient will get something else. It’s impossible to get the lids to fit perfectly in a coil pot since they are made in a spiral and tapering the end to blend in smoothly is difficult. The weight of the fabric and the kind of rope used both make a difference too. Maybe I ought to be looking at old-fashioned coiled straw bee hives for finishing hints. I’m having fun making these pots and bought a load more rope yesterday on the way home from seeing Paddington at our local cinema so I expect to make several more before the end of the year. I can thoroughly recommend Paddington by the way, it had JP and I laughing out loud and the animation is the best yet. Well worth going out for on a dismal chilly December day!