new neckline, new sleeves

Two posts in one day – you lucky readers! Way back in August, when I was waxing lyrical about my new sewing light (still fab by the way) I showed a top (smaller image below) I’d made from leftover ponte de roma fabric. I subsequently didn’t like the neckline much. Turtles and tortoises came to mind each time I tried it on so I restyled the neckline to lie flatter with an additional button detail. No piccies of that I’m afraid and not long after I did that, I decided I’d change the neckline again. I’m a woman, go figure.

This is the third and final change – Tee shirt fabric of a lighter weight than the ponte was used for the sleeve cuffs and neck binding with top stitching at raglan seams etc in matching pink thread. The upper sleeves were also re-shaped to give a better fit. I’ve worn it a few times and I’m happy with it. It might seem from the image that one sleeve is shorter than the other but I assure you they are both the same length and the hem is level all round too!pull on top


I like it when people write to me

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.