painting the roses red 3

I lost a little interest in this because the cards seemed less challenging than the roses were but I’ve knuckled down this week and one card man is almost finished.

 

painting the roses

I bought a replacement camera this morning (woo hoo!) so here’s a little peek at some more of my Painting the Roses Red piece from Alice in Wonderland.

a fox finished

The fox is finished and some of you may recognise him from Johanna Basford’s Enchanted Forest colouring book which I bought purely as a source of inspiration for embroidery projects and not for colouring in – I’d hate to spoil the book! A little bigger than A4 size, my stitched version is roughly twice the size of the book image. As soon as he was finished, I re-hooped the tulips piece and spent a couple of hours in the evening stitching a petal or two.

 

fox

tiger tiger

Yet another felt appliqué, this time using an image of a tiger for the design. In my head it will could be fabulous when complete but there’s a lot of stitching to be done and many layers to build and much that could go wrong between now and the last stitch!

tiger 1

felt embroidery #2

This time it’s flowers, not tea related things. Another pattern (with slight variations) from Erica Kaprow’s Summertime Sampler. All acrylic felt, all hand stitched with only buttonhole and stem stitch. Approximately 13.5″ x 17.5″ and I see another wall hanging in the making. The first picture is a little fuzzy but you get the idea I hope!

flowers in pots

flowers in pots 2

handy with a broom

I gave myself a week’s respite from the latest stumpwork portrait as I wasn’t happy with the body shaping or the costume but over the weekend I made a hand to wrap around the broom that the lady will hold. The broom was the first thing I made for this latest stumpwork piece and I might finesse it a bit yet.

 

DSCF8070